Education: High School/Secondary
Location: England, United Kingdom
We looking to hire an Assistant Management Accountant, this is a great opportunity for someone part-qualified looking for a varied role within an international business.
Petroplan is a global business specialising in the placement of highly skilled professionals into the oil, gas and energy industry. We operate across six continents via several legal entitles and trade in multi currencies.
This role will report into our Head of Commercial Finance.
The Assistant Management Accountant's responsibilities will include:
- Performing the monthly margin analysis review for the Regions in your area, identifying any omission, errors or mis-postings and then adjusting as appropriate
- Monthly cost control and reporting
- Reviewing the Cost Centre reports, posting accruals as necessary and documenting all major variances to budget. Supporting the cost centre managers in understanding and controlling their expenditure and managing it to the budgeted levels
- Month end prepayments and accruals
- Support the overhead budgeting process by identifying cost drivers and inputting data into the budget templates
- Being a Finance Partner to assigned Key Accounts with the objective of achieving the financial objectives for that client
- Inputting monthly exchange rates into Dimensions, and validating new Account Payable suppliers in Dimensions
- Ad hoc financial, operational and reporting tasks/projects
About you, you will have:
- Experience of working in a finance department in a similar role
- Strong financial analysis and planning experience
- Intermediate spreadsheet techniques
- Good systems knowledge (Access Dimensions experience would be an advantage)
- Ability to take complex financial issues and make them easy to understand
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient attitude in order to deal effectively with work demands
- Numerate, with a good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- A committed, keen and hardworking attitude; able to organise oneself and deliver results
Please be aware that for this position sponsorship is not available, so applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
How do I apply?
Petroplan Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.