Sr. Project Engineer - FCCU, Alky & OSBL Roles and Responsibilities Summary:
The Project Engineer will oversee the day to day activities for the design and installation of safety enhancements to the HF Alky unit and the project wide refurbishment of equipment damaged during the recent event. Description:
The Project Engineer will support the Project Manager to ensure that project performance, consistency and compliance to the project charter and project execution plan is maintained as committed. Responsibilities will be assigned by the Project Manager to accomplish the project objectives through detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and pre-commissioning activities for one or more areas (mainly FCC and OSBL) of the project. The Project Engineer will be required to interact with internal and external stakeholders of the project and exercise the necessary leadership to help ensure the project is completed on schedule and within budget, while maintaining the safety and operational integrity of personnel and facilities. Primary Functions:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Provide Project Engineering support to the Project Manager to help ensure project performance, consistency and compliance to the project charter and the project execution plan.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure all project risks within the project area and for the implementation of the corresponding mitigation plans.
- Support the Project Manager to effectively manage project team (internal & contractors) for all aspects of the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning and start-up. Take lead on contract formation activities with support from stakeholders.
- Help ensure that all project interfaces are properly managed and that actions are tracked to full completion.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure appropriate technical scope, cost estimate, cost and schedule controls, and audits take place on a timely basis and findings are actioned.
- Champion HSE behaviors and ensure proper process safety is incorporated into the design.
- Help ensure all regulatory approvals are in place for design & construction activities.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration
- A minimum of 10 years of proven experience in project engineering associated with the execution of refinery project with TIC > $200MM
- Strong understanding of discipline engineering deliverables and activities as well as Project Planning and Controlling
- Knowledge of up-to-date business processes and best practices as utilized on Major Projects
- Previous experience working in Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Design project phases
- Proven practical understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Prior project experience within the Owner's organization
- Previous project execution experience in oil & gas refining, petrochemical or upgrading
- Proven experience in the execution of brownfield projects
- Knowledge of specific codes and standards used in the design and construction of downstream facilities
Skills and Abilities:
- PMP or advanced project management degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in the execution of turnarounds
- Experience in Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals
- Excellent organizational leadership and interpersonal skills
- Effective technical writing skills
- Proven practical knowledge of current project management tools (cost management systems, scheduling, estimating, risk tools, etc.)
This contract will be set at 1 year with a possibility of extension. The standard working hours are 50 hours per week; 10-hour days Monday to Friday and during construction stage up-to 60-hours/week, days Monday to Friday at the Superior site (Wisconsin). ABOUT PETROPLAN
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.