Petroplan is in search for a Risk Based Integrity Engineer in Lloydminster.
Must be local to Lloydminster or willing to relocate.
This is a 1 year contract.
This position supports the development, implementation and sustainment of the Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) Program for pressure equipment and pressure piping. This includes providing technical support and coordination to all parties involved in the program as well as developing and implementing processes and procedures. Travel will be required occasionally.
- Lead and/or support Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) implementation (baseline).
- Lead and/or support facilities actively practicing RBIM methodology (sustainment).
- Lead / assist in the developing and then continuously improving of the RBIM processes, procedures and templates.
- Lead initial Risk Assessment determination.
- Review NDE recommendations.
- Perform IWP optimization, including review and approval for CML placement coverage for vessels and piping circuit inspection plan optimization by grouping into process systems for inspection.
- Assess requirements for initial inspection screening to determine if any inspection data are needed to verify corrosion rates and damage mechanisms prior to a full baseline inspection program.
- Support field external visual inspection, work with the team to coordinate visual external inspection and data update, including reviewing reports.
- Complete RBIM inspection strategies review, ensure recommended tasks are adequate for coverage as required for fixed equipment types, criticality ranking, and failure mechanisms.
- Lead and/or support Integrity Operating Window (IOW) determination.
- Lead Risk re-assessment determination.
- Support 'Sustainment' Inspection Work Planning activities a. Conduct final technical review before work activities commence, and approval of CML deviations on change management forms.
- Perform initial fitness for services assessment following applicable standards and procedures. Analyze and identify areas to investigate (erroneous readings, high damage rate, etc.).
- Define the follow-up inspections as required per inspection strategies.
- Materials, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Technologist
- Professional Status (P.Eng or Professional Licensee) (non-professional status will be considered a level below their related experience)
- Ability to work independently and show leadership in risk based integrity program.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of Risk Based Integrity Management in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry (less than 5 years working in the direct capacity of this role will be considered a level 1 or 2 as appropriate).
- RBI implementation and/or sustainment experience.
- Owner / Operator experience; operating facility exposure.
- Experience with integrity software tools; (LR Capstone and/or Mistras PCMS would be an asset).
- Working knowledge of API 510, API 570, API 571, API 574, API 579, API 580, API 581, API 650, API 653, and API 970.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and integrity related workshops / sessions with many operational stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in any of the following:
- Inspection/reliability, risk assessments and risk-based inspections, condition assessment, failure analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation, and fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment and piping.
- Thorough knowledge of Risk based inspection tools, Lloyd's Register Capstone - RBMI software * Knowledge of materials of construction, selection, limitation, use and welding problems associated with different materials.
- Working knowledge of ABSA documents AB-505 and AB-506.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Must be eligible to work and live in Canada. ABOUT PETROPLAN
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.