Petroplan is in search for a Safety Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB.
This is a 2-3 month contract.
LOA will be provided for non locals.
This position supports the Responsible Care team in supporting the safe execution of turnaround work scope.
- Works with the turnaround Responsible Care team to implement safe work practices and procedures that adhere to federal, provincial, and municipal occupational health and safety legislation, standards, and best industry practices.
- Provides advice, direction and support to personnel and contractors in the areas of safety, hazard awareness, hazard identification, risk assessment and incident management.
- Provide support to departments and contractors in the safe execution of turnaround work scopes.
- Assesses and evaluates work procedures and environments to identify potential hazards and eliminate them, or ensure adequate controls are in place.
- Advises managers, supervisors and employees about safe work practices and safety standards and regulations.
- Provides Health and Safety recommendations as required to ensure compliance with best industry practices and corporate standards.
- Supports Safety and Industrial Hygiene Advisor, and Occupational Health Advisor with implementation, and maintenance of the occupational hygiene program.
- Actively promotes and reinforces employee and contractor compliance Responsible Care policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise and support training, and implementation of the site behaviour-based safety program.
- Participates in Process Hazard Assessments, as required.
- Collects and assesses data to identify trends and evaluates the effectiveness of safety programs
- Assist as needed with various other turnaround activities.
- Contribute to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the values.
Must have requirements:
- Industry-recognized safety training
- Experience with plant turnarounds
- 7 years experience
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.