Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Wood is currently sourcing an QA/QC Coordinator to work on site in the Kingman County, KS area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Make in-process visual inspections of electrical and instrumentation activities as well as across various disciplines including welding, mechanical, piping, painting, civil and structural. Inspections will be in accordance and compliance to client contractual and specification requirements.
- Review and be familiar with the job specifications, drawings, submittals and the contract documents which will outline the quality requirements.
- Maintain a job file of all the contract documents.
- Make daily inspections of the work in progress across disciplines and maintain very accurate records of these inspections.
- Witness testing as required by the contract and the job specifications. Employee must also submit reports on the testing that was witnessed.
- Observe worker using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards.
- Verify corrective actions that have been taken when discrepancies have been identified. Must also submit a report on the methods and procedures that were used to correct identified problems.
- Recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance.
- Prepare nonconformance reports to the QA/QC Manager and assist in developing corrective actions.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies and ambiguities
- Assure all nonconformance and resolution activities are communicated in appropriate manner with all stakeholders.
- Review inspection test packages during the course of the projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School/Equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years QA/QC field experience as well as previous E&I contruction experience
- Must be knowledgeable in the ANSI, ASME, specifications which are directly associated with the type of work and tests that are being conducted.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.