Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Arab Emirates
Responsible for entire gamut of legal affairs and corporate legal matters of the company. Provide legal opinions, advises, interpretations, complex risk mitigations and due diligences on contracts, agreements, deeds, and other legal drafting's and documents from the projects, commercial, drilling, subsurface and other functions. Recommend settlement of claims in connection with complex major projects. Interface with external counsel in respect of litigation that the company is involved in, and advice on alternative dispute resolution.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate and supervises the activities of Legal affairs of the company.
- Defines and draws up as required major complex contract agreements between other parties and the Company. This involves analyzing the contract conditions and making recommendations as to legally acceptable courses of actions to be taken. Formulates principles to be followed in contracts policies, ensures that the agreements meet with the laws of U.A.E.
- Provides preventive legal advice to Senior Management/Commercial Division and Project Function on all topics such as curative legal advice, to minimise disputes and litigation, which is costly to the Company.
- Involved in the preparation, review and negotiation of company contractual transactions to limit potential risk exposure, providing legal representation for the company, ensuring that all matters of business comply with company policies and ethical standards.
- Provision of comprehensive legal services to the contract and procurement function.
- Risk transactions on international deals that require negotiation of issues that involve International Law.
- Studies and scans contractor's claims likely to have an effect on the Company operations. This involves analyzing claims and making legal recommendations and ensuring all relevant points are brought to the attention of the Commercial Division.
- Participates in negotiation of settlements of disputes arising out of claims or contracts as required, prepares submission in arbitration cases and co-ordinates with the Company advocate when representing the Company in court actions both locally and abroad.
- Drafting and reviewing different contracts in the oil and gas, construction, Drilling sector.
- Supervising and giving guidance and counselling to subordinate staff in the legal department.
- Advising on how new regulatory initiatives impact the entire business of the Company.
- Advising on corporate governance and giving recommendations on the adoption of corporate governance policies.
- Advising management on legal and regulatory changes that impact the business of the company.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section's / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to VP Corporate Support
- Frequent contacts with Management Team to coordinate and agree on delivery support of performance objectives.
- Regular contacts with other "International and Local" Oil & Gas communities within ADNOC Group and external entities, regarding Legal Department enhancement and issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognised university
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years experience of which 5 years must be in an Oil & Gas organisation Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Will be an advantage
- Fully qualified legal professional authorised to practise law in recognized jurisdiction
- PC literate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written). & Arabic is an advantage
- Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Analytical skills and Good communication skills
- Leadership skills, strategic planning skills, advanced level of interpersonal skills
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.