Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Advanced Controls COE is Looking for You
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for a position with the Advanced Controls Center of Excellence (COE) in Houston, Texas. Candidates with interests and background in control systems theory, robotics, mechatronics, dynamic modeling, or data analytics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry's future technology. By solving challenging technical problems, you can have a rapid impact on a commercial market with significant revenue. Successful candidates are expected to perform original and relevant research and development to expand the group's expertise and technology portfolio. The Advanced Controls COE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top-notch engineers and researchers. The group has a track record of developing advanced control and smart systems that are used to produce value around the world every day. Our goal is to continuously grow the group's core research expertise in the area of control, robotics, dynamic modeling, filtering, data analytics, and machine learning to build advanced automation, control technologies, and maximize the value of data to ensure the long-term success of Halliburton.
- Conducting research and development in modeling, control, and data analytics for solving challenging problems in the oil & gas industry
- Contributing to the identification of high value problems and opportunities
- Participating in control system design, control system prototyping, and implementation
- Design smart systems to augment complex tasks
- Collaborating with team members and providing necessary support for technology transfer
- Publishing results in patent applications, technical journals, and conferences
Required Education and Skills
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) from Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with a focus on Control Theory and Applications, Robotics, Mechatronics, Machine Learning, or Data Analytics.
- Experience and strong interest in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation in the field
- An excellent publication and patent record consistent with experience.
- Extensive knowledge in control theory, such as modern control, adaptive control, robust control, nonlinear control, optimal control, Model Predictive Control, etc., with outstanding ability to identify the proper control method for solving practical control problems and, when necessary, to develop new control methods, and/or
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in the application of Data Analytics including machine learning techniques such as SVM, Neuro Network, Bayes network, Genetic Algorithms, etc., preferably with control applications, and/or
- Knowledge of robotic systems with high DoF control, path planning, mechatronics, dynamic modeling of complex systems
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects.
- Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline. Minimum educational requirement of a doctoral degree and zero years' experience or a master's degree and two or more years' related experience or a bachelor's degree and four or more years' related experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 88122
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.