Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Why join us?
We are a company that wants to help you in your job search. Core Group Resources is America's leading maritime and offshore recruitment company. Founded by a licensed mariner who has experience in offshore. As a team, we make it our priority to efficiently match great people with the perfect job.
Head of Dev Ops
The VP of Digital DevOps leads the global development and delivery of digital software. This role's focus is on software development and delivery tied to revenue generating digital products and services and will work with internal and external teams. This candidate will manage software development life cycles as well as software development, project management, business analysis and user experience teams. They will manage a wide portfolio of globally developed and implemented software solutions with focus on enhancements and new modules development.
- Lead software development of digital products and related deliverables.
- Lead digital software development and delivery teams.
- Support Global Sales, internal stakeholders and Digital commercialization teams on technical Q&A, demos, etc.
- Support the technical scope of commercialization of digital products and related services, including bids, agreement, pricing etc.
- Support the collaboration of all relevant groups, including Sustainability, Engineering, Operations and Global Sales.
- Present the products' Digital capabilities and technical depth to clients during workshops and meetings.
- Support Senior VP of Digital Solutions on digital product conception, architecture and on-time delivery of products.
- Lead and implement software development processes and operations
- Identify new opportunities for services/products that leverage digital technology
- Significant experience in digital technologies, IIOT, analytics, historians, cloud and big data architectures, the MS stack, and SQL as well as business operations.
- Maritime experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in product development, project management and product delivery experience.
- Strategic, innovative and analytical thinker with the ability to manage cross functional teams with advanced ideas and processes and can determine the impact of key development critical elements to ensure timelines and deliverables are kept on track.
- Superior problem solving and analytical decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial software development, management and growth through value added services and enhancements delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing, maintaining and growing strategic relationships and the ability to effectively establish, maintain, and increase credibility, externally and internally.
- Working knowledge of the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
- 12+ years of industry experience with a strong track record in digital product development, deployment and management.
- MS in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or equivalent
- MBA strongly preferred