Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Infrastructure Architect to join the team in Mumbai, India.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of a road map and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
- Participate in the infrastructure architecture governance model.
- Participate in the development of software, data, and technology.
- Contribute to the designs and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities , for different businesses.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Diagnose and recommend solutions to resolve key business challenges of importance to the company.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor other administrators.
- Effectively interact and consult with colleagues across the organization.
- Take a leadership role by listening to ideas and recommendations of other team members and effectively incorporating them into final recommendations.
- Research, analyze, and define systems requirements in coordination with business units to provide a functional architecture. .
- Lead or assist with the design and implementation of major technical infrastructure architectures including the configuration, testing, documentation and coordination with other infrastructure disciplines.
- Enhance existing systems as required to gain better efficiencies and minimize downtime.
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience in infrastructure design and management.
- Strong understanding of design of computing or network or storage to meet business application system qualities
- Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
- Incumbent must be proficient and knowledgeable with virtualization solutions. (VMWare ESXi/Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Incumbent must be proficient and knowledgeable with Microsoft System Center Products.
- Incumbent must be able to interpret and develop in a scripting language, such as PowerShell.
- Must have working experience with designing and supporting X86 server hardware and related networking and storage components. This includes fundamental working knowledge of network infrastructure components like TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Incumbent must be able to design, implement, and support solutions to problems that require ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry desirable.
- Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
- Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.