Skills: Installation Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced Installation Manager to be based in Qatar has just been made available by a leading oil and gas company.
- The Installation Manager is responsible for managing the planning, preparation and execution of all aspects of the Transport and Installation components of the Project from load out through final installation offshore, ensuring all key objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- The Installation Manager is also responsible for ensuring the installability of the design is consistent with established industry processes.
- Effective issue resolution through interfacing with both Company and Contractor teams is an essential component of the role to ensure full alignment on the execution of the Project through to Startup
To qualify, candidates must possess the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria related to transport and offshore installation of Offshore pipelines, cables and structures.
o Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, operations and installation
o EPC Contract Management
o Load out, transport and installation methods and practices
- 20+ years of major oil and gas offshore project experience with 10+ years at Installation Lead/Manager level or equivalent, with overall responsibility for managing major offshore transport and installation campaigns
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
- Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
- Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in EPC execution disciplines
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Willing and able to travel to foreign locations and offshore for extended periods as required
Technical and Business Skills
- High level of experience and proven track record for safely managing transport and installation to deliver high quality results, safely and on time and budget
- Broad knowledge of safe execution of offshore lifting, piling, pipelay techniques, cable lay, trenching and diving activities
- Broad knowledge of execution methods and risks associated with offshore brownfield modifications and working within a gas production facility
- Strong past experience with the client's Projects and Standards of Business Conduct and QGPMS, or alternately with Oil &Gas Industry major Operators and/or Contractors
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function and project assignments (multi-discipline skill set)
- Expansive knowledge of contract management and risks and mitigations associated with EPC contracting and execution.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this job opportunity!
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.