Skills: Fire Protection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Senior Fire Consultant
Location: Home based (London/ South East) with travel
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
As a Senior Fire Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you would be responsible delivering technically excellent fire risk requirements, aligned to client requirements, across a large portfolio of high-profile corporate organisations
Operating with a high degree of autonomy, this is your opportunity to show your expertise and deliver consultancy services that will help to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create safer buildings for society to live and work in.
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Client responsibilities include:
- To deliver high quality fire consultancy services to clients including:
- Audits and inspections, development and review of management systems, and delivery of training
- Advisory, acting as a technical specialist within the client organisation
- Legislative, keeping abreast of current legislation to ensure standards and compliance
- Customer excellence, meeting client expectations in line with legislative requirements
- Overseeing fire risk assessment projects, dealing with escalated technical issues and resolving issues with clients as and when required
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified to Grad IFE or MIFireE
- Significant experience of assessing fire life safety in buildings taller than 18m or with complex occupancies.
- A good background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance, and sector specific standards such as HTM-05-01
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
Personal attributes required:
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer eight years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.