Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Rig Mechanic, Certification Engineer, Mechanic
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Saudi Arabia
The Chief Mechanic is responsible for all mechanical maintenance and engineering activities on the installation with accountability for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
• Ensures all mechanical systems and equipment on the rig are maintained to high operational standard and supervises the safe operation of the rig's maintenance department.
• Work closely with Rig Mechanic and coordinates joint maintenance task as required.
• Maintain a vigilant effort to assess the condition of mechanical components, to minimize equipment downtime or unsafe situations.
• Prepare and maintain up-to-date maintenance records for all rig equipment and schedule work in the most efficient and least disruptive manner within a specified time-frame dictated by the preventive maintenance program.
• Diagnose and supervise repairs on malfunctioning equipment of all types, including diesel and gasoline engines, rig draw works, power end of mud pumps, air compressors, transmissions, rotary tables, rotary and power swivels and related equipment to ensure continuity of operations.
• Conduct safety and housekeeping checks to ensure proper practices are observed.
• Supervise and monitor hydraulic crane activities and the operators. Assure safe practices are observed and the equipment is properly maintained.
- Must have amphion jackup experience
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate, endorsed with additional drug/alcohol test
- Valid OPITO BOSIET
- Mechanical Trade Certificate would be advantageous
- Minimum of 8 years as a Chief Mechanic on Jack-Up Drilling Rig.
*Please note, due to travel restrictions, candidates must currently be located in the Saudi Arabia.