Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for the execution of Digital Technology Projects for the Oilfield Services business within Baker Hughes. Ensures the successful, end-to-end delivery of a program or project through upfront client engagement. Deep technical expertise within a field. Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology. As a Project Manager, you will partner with cross-functional teams to implement solutions. Through this partnership, you will take ownership for requirement gathering, solution design, development and deployment of projects.
Ensuring adherence to best practice, you will deliver high-quality solutions on-time, within scope and on-budget.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures successful, end-to-end delivery of a project or a program through ongoing client engagement, partnering with technical teams internal and external to the initiative, and coordination of all required activities and milestones.
- Will be involved in projects prioritization and initiation, responsible for definition of and compliance with project management methodologies, performing regular tracking and reporting on progress, and accountable for initiative results verification.
- Applies existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes. Viewed internally and externally as a specialist in the discipline.
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams.
- Communicates solutions across the own function and with cross-functional partner organizations.
- Providing day-to-day leadership, guidance and mentorship to the team, and ensuring that projects run smoothly
- Facilitating improvements and transformation to increase efficiency and process capability, and ensuring documentation follows best practice.
- Fostering cross-functional process and technology consolidation, reviewing, monitoring and communicating with other teams.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Program Management.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in information technology (i.e.; application support and/or development; experience with infrastructure support/procurement; management of IT projects; experience working with databases).
- Ability to acquire specialized domain knowledge required to be more effective in all work activities
- Experience in leading coordinating development and/or infrastructure requirements needed for projects, starting with Requirement Gathering State through to Driving User Adoption
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional remote working as required
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.