Skills: Document Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Document Control Specialist for a 1 year contract in Sherwood Park, AB. The successful candidate must be local or have accommodations in the area.
Role & Responsibilities
Document Control Specialist - HPC Operations
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for executing the day to day Document Control processes and activities for the Heartland Petrochemical Complex, ensuring the integrity, accessibility and traceability of all applicable data in compliance with requirements.
The Document Control Specialist reports to the Senior Document Control Specialist - HPC and has no direct reports.
- Execute all Document Control (DC) processes in compliance with applicable work aids and specifications to ensure deliverables are processed accurately and completely.
- Receive, quality check, control, notify and distribute documents to relevant recipients.
- Maintain a high level of quality and accuracy while executing DC processes including deliverable acceptance, metadata entry and distribution.
- Communicate consistent internal and external quality issues, process improvements and specification gaps to direct Supervisor.
- Ensure all requests are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Travel as required to vendor offices or the work site as agreed upon with the project managers and direct Supervisor.
- Ensuring documentation is loaded to EDMS system, controlled and available for use
- Support HPC operations teams in locating, loading, and organizing documentation ensuring standards are adhered to
- Manage the Engineering Lifecycle (ELIM) within the EDMS
- Ensure documentation adheres to Record Retention Policy
- Interface for all Document Control (DC) activities on the assigned scope for Inter Pipeline, contractors and vendors for documentation created for or by HPC
- Provide the assigned teams with training sessions (as applicable), document control guidance and support to ensure compliance with all applicable document control standards and requirements and ensure effective use of tools and systems.
- Coordinate with direct Supervisor to identify, document and implement new business requirements and procedures consistent with Company best practices.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable DC standards and processes (internally and externally) Overall
- Adhere to the company's Core Values, policies & procedures, EH&S requirements, and training programs. Actively participate in the performance management process, establishing individual goals, working towards them, and participating in review sessions.
- Maintain a positive tone for communication and collaboration within the group and with others.
- Take on additional assignments or tasks as assigned from time to time in support of the overall department objectives.
The Document Control Specialist Qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience, related to Document / Drawing Control throughout the lifecycle of a project (Project - Construction -Commissioning - Operations) with at least 2 years of experience on an Operating facility
- Experience with using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with strong writing and communication skills.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work independently with a high level of initiative, ability to multitask, and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and an ability to relate to others in a positive, helpful, way.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.