Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features backlog and specifying requirements
- Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
- Facilitate convergence of functional and technical
- knowledge and build project teams
- Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
- Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required. Manage procurement and onboarding process
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in information technology (ie.; application support and/or development; experience with infrastructure; management of IT projects; experience working with databases).
- Ability to acquire specialized domain knowledge required to be more effective in all work activities
Work in a way that works for you
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional remote working as required
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.