Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
The Reliability Engineer is accountable for the integrity and reliability of all critical, protective and non-protective equipment at East London Depot. This includes the planning and execution of all maintenance activities and the analysis of inspection reports to ensure improved reliability of the equipment over its asset lifecycle. The reliability engineer is supported by the on-site maintenance engineer and depot technician.
- Leading the reliability engineering team at the Depot.
- Implementation of all the requirements of OMS 5.4
- Timely implementation of all planned maintenance work.
- Supporting the Operations Team in the event of breakdowns.
- Supporting the Operations Team in rigorously maintaining the barriers and blue risks on site and avoiding regression into purple risks.
- Recording and analysis of all inspections, tests, corrective work and breakdowns to identify root causes and remove defects
- Provide technical advice and propose improvements to the business and the S&OR Engineering Authority
- Participate in Management of Change for technical designs and/or procedures
- Lead innovation, development and evaluation of alternative, new and novel systems associated with safe and efficient technical design
- Support investigations into safety incidents and equipment failures to identify root causes and eliminate defects
- Develop specifications for logistics equipment and services in support of procurement.
- Support testing and Inspection of critical, protective & non-protective equipment to provide verification of continuing fitness for service
- Conduct verification of HSSE rules, especially for system security in accordance with BP ETPs and technical standards identified in the entity LOMS in connection with logistics fuels storage and handling including:
- Application and assessment of hazardous areas
- Presence and efficiency of critical devices
- Assessment of equipment fitness for service
- Support assets project managers and other BP departments, with questions related to areas of technical expertise
- Participate in the handover and commissioning process projects to ensure that new assets are loaded onto Maximo and the maintenance plans
- Collaboration with S&OR R&M, Global Fuels Value Chain and other reliability engineering teams to access and share experience and unify technical standards in technology
- Market monitoring to identify innovations in technology
- Raise requisitions and issue receipts as part of the purchase-to-pay process as and when required
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience required
- Engineering degree or similar qualification
- Very good knowledge of the Logistics business
- Very good technical understanding and technical affinity
- Operational experience possible in several business areas
- Recognition of long-term requirements and developments and its critical measures
- Good interpersonal skills with internal and external contacts