Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reporting to the Analytical Supervisor, the Analytical Technician is responsible for processing customer samples by following established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe practices. Work conditions include: light to medium work (must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs for 25 feet) involving chemical hazards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Analytical Technician position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Carry out analytical procedures in accordance with documented SOPs and other work instructions.
- Ensure proper functioning of Analytical operations by:
o Monitoring the performance of instrumentation including, but not limited to: ICP-OES, AAS, CVAA, Titrimetric, Balances (including Microbalances) and maintaining records thereof
o Calibrating, operating and analyzing samples by various analytical techniques
o Monitoring weighing and digestion equipment to ensure operation within defined parameters
o Weighing and digesting samples for various techniques such as gravimetric, cyanide, selective leaches, aqua regia and 4 acid determinations.
o Ensuring adequate inventory of consumable supplies (standards, tubing, glassware, etc.)
o Preparing reagents and standards for instrument calibration/analysis and maintaining records thereof
o Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Analytical Supervisor as appropriate.
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Analytical Supervisor.
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the Analytical Supervisor.
- Report any non-conforming work related to customer samples and associated test data to the Analytical Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
**working weekends is required**
High School Diploma
Experience with MS Office Suite
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.