Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cota, Colombia
The General Accountant is responsible for the General Accounting for a particular business or geographic territory. He/She ensures that transactions impacting financial reports are properly monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in the proper period. He/She provides assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform general ledger accounting. Validate accounting by outsourced organizations, including pre-paid, accruals and allocations. Perform complex transactions.
- Perform cost center and profit center accounting. Validate accuracy of posting to appropriate cost centers, and request setup, creation and closure of controlling master data objects to meet business insight needs.
- Perform project accounting. Create new projects and set up settlement rules, perform period-end settlements and review projects' closure.
- Perform intercompany accounting. Administer and submit intercompany cost recharges as they originate in the normal course of business.
- Provide detailed review and variance analysis of other non-direct resource categories such as Transportation and Mobilization, Lease and Rent and Office and Camp.
- Communicate and work closely with the GeoMarket Shared Services Organization to investigate and understand negative cost trends. Report findings to Financial Analyst.
- Prepare balance sheet notes. Validate balance sheet reconciliations and clear open items by outsourced organizations. Certify completeness of balance sheet notes.
- Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduates in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years as a general accountant with a multinational company, international accounting experience preferred.
- Bilingual, proficient in English (written & oral), additional languages preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Solid analytical capabilities. Proactive, dynamic, visionary individuals.
- Candidates having experience using BI, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI (Artificial Intelligence), bots, process optimization, also lean six-sigma will be at advantage.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside Colombia, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.