Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orla, Texas, United States
Wood is currenlty looking for plant mechanics in Orla, TX area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Working in a gas plant performing preventative maintenance, and repairs on engine/compressors, pumps, dehydration units, valves,etc.
- Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Performing lockout / tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3+ years of oilfield/plant experience required
- Must have experience with heavy mechanical
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.