Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Payroll Tax Lead whom covers the scope for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa regions.
- Prepare the calculations from our various ERPs which supports the complete periodic filling and payment of all Payroll Taxes for the countries and legal entities.
- Prepare the working of annual tax fillings and reconciliation performed by team.
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated.
- Document and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management
- Prepare and review the reconciliation of all balance sheet tax accounts monthly
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Support all Tax and statutory audits
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 4-6 years' Payroll Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction
- Experience in Shared Service will be added advantage.
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team.
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or equivalent professional qualification is an advantage.
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Payroll Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Team-player and customer-centric attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP or Oracle will be added advantage.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.