Skills: Drilling Consultant, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, United Kingdom
- To plan and support all aspects of the execution of the deepwater exploration well in South America
- To conduct operational planning prior to well execution, write the Drilling Programme and ensure it is followed during the well execution
- Ensure the End of Well report and Well Close out phase is completed in a timely and effective manner
- To assist in preparation of contingency plans for well control, general emergency response and oil spills are in place prior to commencing operations
- Assist in ensuring that QA/QC standards are applied and enforced on Rig contractor and all service providers.
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification, Shell Round II or equivalent technical competency
- 15+ years of Well Engineering industry experience
- With a minimum of 10 years in Drilling
- A minimum of 6 years' experience as am Operations Drilling Engineer
- Extensive experience of international remote location, offshore exploration well operations
- A high level of competence with well control techniques (IWCF certificate mandatory)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of well engineering associated with well design and construction including well design, kick tolerance, well control issues, bore-hole stability, mud chemistry, under reaming whilst drillin
- g, fishing and milling, wireline logging and data acquisition
If this is of interest, please apply.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.