Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Data and Information Architect to join the team in Bangalore , India. The Architect is responsible for the Architecture & Governance of the BH D&A platform.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help to create data modelling practices and standards for current and future state datawarehousing and lakehouse implementations.
- Develops best practices on ETL approaches and data retention policies to follow as an enterprise.
- Influences other teams and helps lead the COE around data architecture and governance.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap, design pattern, and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level.
- Researches and evaluates emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 8 years of professional experience
- Master's in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 8 years of data warehousing experience
- Responsible for implementing a large scale data warehouse/data lake across a multi ERP business entity landscape
- 5 years experience with Erwin or similar tool to build data models
- Developed ETL patterns using incremental data load strategies
- Understands how to create surrogate key strategies, sort key optimization, and sharding practices for MPP databases
- Fluent in data modelling practices including Inmon/Kimball, bus architecture, Types of Dimensions for CDC
Locations:Bangalore , India
- Build Relationships and Trust based on Delivering Value
- Implemented or worked on warehousing in the cloud with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Maintained and implemented db hardware farms and familiar with HA concepts
- Deep Understanding of ETL tools like Informatica, Talend and familiar with new technologies such as pyspark, spark
- Passionate about data warehousing and BI and hands on with implementing best practices at a large enterprise
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.