Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Job Title: Business Development - Additives/Oil & Petroleum
Reports To : VP Sales - Commodities
Direct Reports : None
Preferred Location: Houston, TX
- Responsible for prospecting and closing revenue generating opportunities related to additives for Oil & Petroleum testing services.
- Fully understand client organizations within these markets, their business models, goals and strategies to drive business development activities.
- Hunter mentality required.
- Preferred knowledge of O&G associated infrastructure: import/export operations, terminals, production, refining, feedstocks, pipeline and storage.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, RFP's with clients while following BVNA's policies
- Continuously setup client meetings and presentations along with participating in training seminars and/or tradeshows
- Build a pipeline and document activities in CRM (Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, Visit reporting, etc.)
- Leverage BVNA group knowledge of applicable Testing, Inspection and Certification standards to create client value propositions across all BVNA service lines
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Continue to build and improve the additives market business plan.
- Exceed revenue target assigned for the additives growth expectation.
- Consistent attainment of company sales growth goals overall.
- Provide and implement growth strategy with leadership team to eliminate gaps.
- Ability to negotiate and close client contracts, and agreements in the best interests of BVNA
- Establish policies and practices to maximize client satisfaction and retention
- Demonstrated initiative in acquiring new product knowledge, keeping current with product changes and new product development activities
- Management and mitigation of customer complaint issues
- Asist with improvement in customer satisfaction ratings, NPS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Self-motivated, self-starter that enjoys the marketing and sales environment
- Proven sales and negotiating skills
- Three or more years of business development/sales experience including lead/opportunity management with proven services sales track record in the Oil & Gas markets
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meeting deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and to rapidly adapt to changing market conditions
- Understanding of basic financial controls and metrics
- Leadership and Teamwork - Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives
- Ability to lead by example and use influence internally to attain goals
- Road Warrior - ability to travel 50% or more of the time
- Role includes an individual incentive program
- TWIC card required in the first 30 days
- Houston Safety Council training courses required within the 30 days
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. This
position requires extensive travel to client offices and job sites.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with
computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20
pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.