New York, United States
New York, United States
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New York, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.New YorkNew York
Business Development Manager - Food Safety and Science Service
To be ultimately accountable for profitable revenue growth for Food Safety and Science Services for the United States. Responsible for all business development activities in the United States and ensuring that the financial objectives for the region are reached.
This position will develop to build a team of Account Managers that focus on ensuring all aspects of our clients' needs are met, and assisting them in achieving our overall growth objectives. This includes identification, qualification and securing sustainable business from new customers. It also requires delivery of account management services to ensure retention of existing customers. The position is accountable for participating in strategic initiatives associated with key account sales, product rationalization decisions, marketing and customer service delivery models.
Key Sales Accountability/Responsibilities
- Accountable for profitable sales to new and existing accounts within strategic target markets throughout the United States.
- Establish and execute on tangible sales plans that detail specific markets, targets and tactics including prospecting, tradeshows, inside sales initiatives, advertising, etc.
- Prepare responses to significant RFQ's. Conduct follow-up as required.
- Provide input to, and may be accountable for indirect sales related activities: Conferences, Speaking Events, workshops, Short Courses, Tech Talks, etc.
- Develop, foster and leverage a network of relevant contacts in the international chemicals registration community including participation in relevant industry associations.
- Accountable for development of relevant web-based materials including strategies for deployment of social media tools from a sales/marketing perspective.
- Account Management Related
- Represent the interests of assigned accounts in laboratory and service delivery affairs.
- Provide support to customer service and project management personnel in responding to customer inquiries, requests for information.
- Participate in establishing department and territory revenue and expense budgets and goals
- Liaise between new clients and customer service personnel in establishing Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work, and Master Service Agreements as required.
- Assists in development and execution of strategic plans with the objective of preparing the department for continued profitable growth. Activities would include gathering/reporting on market intelligence and participating in new product development and introduction.
- Develops and nurtures ongoing relationships with peers in other BV Labs departments and responds to opportunities for cross selling
Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in relevant sciences or 5 years equivalent experience in sales and marketing
- Possess a valid driver's license and demonstrate a safe driving record
- Excellent listener with strong customer service, problem-solving, superlative communication and presentation skills
- Have a significant interaction with corporate executives and support services such as BV Labs Health and Safety staff, IT, HR and Finance staff
- Clients, Vendors, Customer representatives, marketing and sales as required
- High level of work production in lab environment and business setting
- General office environment with some exposure to laboratory environment
- Periodic travel to laboratories and meetings with clients
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.