The Senior Controllership Staff Manager is responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Develops midterm vision on the own function in relation to the business. Major contribution to the strategic plan of higher unit.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ability to take decision which has direct impact on business results of the higher organizational unit by taking important decisions and/or implies advising business & functional leaders about their policies. Understanding of broader implications for the entire organization unit is necessary.
- Develops a clear vision on the business and the strategy of the business in close interaction with business management. Has the ability to lead the team in complex issues.
- Deliver very complex specialized professional work by single-layered or specialized professional work delivered by multi-layered regional or global teams.
- Handles complex professional work in the department. Cases are unique and sometimes without precedent.
- Hands-on guidance and oversight
- Key point of contact for internal customers on controllership matters pertaining to the Drilling Services & Drill Bits Product Lines.
- Responsible for managing processes and people pertaining to controllership matters
- Technical accounting and policy implementation
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly financial closes
- Controls and Policy compliance within product lines and OFS
- Facilitate resolution of issues such as asset and inventory counts, closure of AFE's, and outstanding data requests
- Monthly and quarterly product Line financial statements and analysis
- Special Projects & Key Initiatives
- Partner with FP&A, operations and business leaders to better understand challenges they are facing and work together to implement solutions
- Partner with product lines to close audit issues and provide solutions
- Help to identify areas of improvement in processes and implement necessary measures to ensure delivery of better results
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Controllership / Accounting
- Oil & gas industry experience
- CPA / CA or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in Controllership and oil & gas industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.