- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and architecture for data across the enterprise.
- Provide thought leadership and direction to the OFSD organization in data-related areas including data warehousing, AI/ML, master data management and set technical direction for the overall MDM solution architecture, define component architecture, review detailed designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture across the complete data lifecycle
- Develop and Implement Data Model governance procedures within the organization
- Provide guidance and thought leadership on data models aspects with engineering teams
- Promote technical best practices, industry standards and architectural concepts with engineering teams
- Provide support and development to Curation team and Data Stewards team regarding the ongoing cleansing of prospect records
- Assist with business process mapping, data modeling, data mapping, and data visualization for product related data initiatives
- Assist designing data migration approaches and oversee execution of Data ETL
- Support Data Mapping Phases with proper technical analysis
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts to evaluate new technologies and frameworks
- Collaborates with other domain architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable data architectural solution
- Identify and address technical risks related to data integrity
- Strong business acumen with a minimum 10 years of related work experience, including 5+ years in the role of an MDM Architect/Technical Expert or Enterprise Data Architect role
- 3+ years of experience in leading projects to align IT systems with organizational business processes
- Experience with an Enterprise-level MDM platform such as Informatica MDM, Stibo Step MDM, Riversand, etc
- Knowledge and Experience in Bigdata and Cloud Platforms implementations in complex IT landscapes.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop, RDBMS, horizontal and vertical scaling
- Strong understanding of data schemas (i.e. Avro, Parquet, JSON Format, XML, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Relational, NOSQL, Normal Forms, Snowflake, Star, Dimension/Fact
- Strong understanding of data security and classification, ABAC, RBAC, Row Access, Column Masking
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, transformation, and best practices for building reporting, analytics, and ML/AI capabilities
- Understanding of statistical methods as it relates to data discovery and correlation
- Experience in documenting data lineage from operational source to reporting repository, including ETL
- Excellent knowledge of current and future data-related technologies and trends
- Knowledge of SQL administration and Object-Oriented Programming and Database concepts of Java, SQL, etc.
- Query/report development, testing/validation, and documentation skills
- Experience with reporting and dashboarding tools such as SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau, Sisense
- Oil and Gas industry expertise
- Ability to quickly gain technical understanding of new systems
- Ability to organize, evaluate, and produce complex data
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to solicit feedback from stakeholders and document/communicate/clarify desired outcomes
- Experience designing and implementing organizational change management processes preferred.
- Experience leading large-scale projects with highly matrixed global teams (internal and outsourced resources)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.