Skills: FPSO / FPU , Electrician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently resourcing a Lead Electrician for our operations in EG.
This is a rotational position working 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off, 12 hour day / 7 day week.
- Ensuring the electrical distribution system is maintained and in a safe working condition, operated within the design parameters, and complies with AHEG and WG procedures and legislation
- Ensuring all electrical and instrument planned maintenance work is progressed and completed satisfactorily and recorded on the planned maintenance history records
- Ensuring the Electrical Isolation Authority is performing isolations as part of the Permit to Work (PTW) SYSTEM
- Compilation of accurate reports of any work or incidents affecting instrument or electrical equipment
- To plan and organize the work activity of their discipline technicians such that all planned and unplanned work is progressed to a satisfactory completion, in a safe and efficient manner. To this end the use of all available planning tools is vital
- Liaison with other maintenance and production personnel to ensure all work is coordinated, and within production considerations
- Ensure the personnel under his control maintain a high degree of HS&E awareness
- To ensure plant and equipment is fully operational and critically maintained in accordance with procedures. Including use of the Wood Group Portal to identify where and when possible PMR non compliances are occurring and implement corrective actions with a view to recovering the situation
- To review the quality of information in the maintenance database, such that the information contained is technically valid, accurate and up to date. This includes the correct closing out of Work Orders ensuring they are completed within the correct timeframe and the work carried out in them is detailed as per SAP requirements in line with the SAP data quality input standards
- To effectively manage the consumables budget for the discipline under his control and to work within the budgetary constraints of the installation in general
- Manage and identify all consumables and spares for his discipline this is to ensure that work can be expedited when the equipment arrives on board
- To advise on technical issues related to the platform equipment, such that effective decisions can be made. Also to liaise with the Onshore Technical Support as required
- To provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced technicians so they are fully supported in their assigned tasks and perform competency assessment assurance
- To address any immediate disciplinary issues with the personnel under their control
- Ensuring a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s)
- Complete with the input from the Maintenance Supervisor the appraisals, both annual and interim for the personnel under each discipline Lead Tech
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate's degree (AA) or relevant technical qualification.
- Offshore Survival Certification.
- High Voltage Certification
- Hazadous EX Training
Job Specific Skills:
- A number of years previous experience working offshore preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
- FPSO experience essential
- HV switchboard 6.6 KV and above
- MPP VSD familiarity (approx. 690V)
- Electrical switching/synchronization
- Preferred Marine background
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.