An opening for Field Operator - Wireline Services based in Labuan, Malaysia. The position will support the Wireline Service (WLE) Field Operations DivisionEssential Responsibilities
- Under general supervision receives established instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on wellsite activity performs basic duties at the wellsite and at the shop.
- Learns about servicing mechanical devices, building logging cable heads, building perforating cable heads and tool maintenance.
- Able to Rig up and down well site equipment.
- Develops hoisting skills in different situations such as fishing operations, coring operations, testing operations vertical tool make-up and in deviated wells.
- Maintains wellsite records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrive at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- High school diploma or relevant education in Engineering.
- At least 1-3 years of industry experience and product line training required.
- General knowledge of basic oil and gas industry.
- Can perform mechanical aptitude.
- Currently live in Sarawak or Sabah - preferable
- Clear thinker.
- Able to work under pressure and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally, at all levels.
- Positive Attitude
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.