Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Responsible for all consolidated internal reporting, forecasting, and oversight of financial systems related to reporting and forecasting. Participates in quarterly end earnings release, board of director reporting, month end close and monthly management reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly financial results, including key financial statements, press release tables, external filing disclosures, Board of Director slides, and management books
- Participate in month end close with oversight and reconciliation of the GL interfaces, Oracle chart of account maintenance, and Oracle general user troubleshooting
- Prepare and coordinate the quarterly forecast and prepare consolidated outlook schedules for management
- Prepare and coordinate the quarterly estimate and prepare consolidated estimate schedules for management
- Lead the Hyperion Planning and Reporting team as it relates to chart of account updates, enhancement projects, defect fix testing, user training, and other administrative system tasks
- Understand the overall implementation and various interdependencies of the Hyperion suite of applications in order to assess the impact of changes and improvement initiatives
- Understand and manage non-Oracle GL ERP applications as it relates to account mappings, chart of accounts maintenance, approval workflows and security
- Model bonus compensation metric targets and outlooks
- Monitor the Nabors Charitable Foundation bank account, perform monthly reconciliations, and work with the Treasury and HR teams to coordinate cash transactions related to the foundation.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports as needed by the management team
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related degree required
- 10 or more years of progressive business experience
- Strong understanding of accounting and accounting systems
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Hyperion SmartView
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Experience in a multi-entity, multi-currency environment.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, EPMA, and Essbase (ASO)
- Experience as a GL or EPM super user
- Detail oriented, organized, and reliable
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple assignments at the same time
- Professional individual with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and team oriented
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment where shifting priorities frequently alter work plans
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Administrative experience in Hyperion Planning, EPMA, and ASO applications is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material and type. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs