Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
Due to recent project awards for the next 2 years , we are looking to recruit for a Principle / Lead Mechanical Design Engineer for a Major Infrastructure Engineering company based in UK
Location London / North West / Scotland - must be willing to travel upto 30 %
Salary £60k -£70k basic plus car allowance bonus pension holidays
Start Date Sept 2020
- Full accountability for the design of mechanical services for data centres and other mission critical projects.
- Management of mechanical designers including review and approval of designs.
- Lead co-ordination of construction, mechanical and electrical design at all stages of the project lifecycle, including input from clients, internal / external designers, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning agents.
- Lead regular design meetings with project team and provide effective communication and change management.
- Provide support to the technical strategy at bid and pre-construction phase.
- Effectively resolve installation and commissioning challenges.
Who we are looking for:
- Recognised qualification in mechanical / building services engineering. i.e. BEng / MEng or significant demonstratable experience
- Ability to design mechanical services in line with appropriate standards, guidance and client's requirements.
- Ability to agree practical and realistic programme for delivery of design to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders and project demands.
- Experience of undertaking and leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for data centres and other mission critical projects, with projects value circa £150M.
- Experience of undertaking design at all stages of project lifecycle - pre-construction, design and construction stage.
- Experience in undertaking and managing specialist design and engineering services - Sustainability & compliance (BREEAM, environmental permitting - heat, fume and noise emissions, Part L), mathematical modelling (CFD, FEA, etc) and services supports design.
- Experience delivering and management of design in line with RIBA plan of work, BSRIA BG6 schedule of services and ISO 19650 requirement.
- Experience working with typical design and build contracts, JCT, NEC, MF1 and others.
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements