Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
Due to recent project awards for the next 2 years , we are looking to recruit for a Principle / Lead Mechanical Design Engineer for a Major Infrastructure Engineering company based in UK
Location London / North West / Scotland - must be willing to travel upto 30 %
Salary £60k -£70k basic plus car allowance bonus pension holidays
Start Date Sept 2020
- Full accountability for the design of mechanical services for data centres and other mission critical projects.
- Management of mechanical designers including review and approval of designs.
- Lead co-ordination of construction, mechanical and electrical design at all stages of the project lifecycle, including input from clients, internal / external designers, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning agents.
- Lead regular design meetings with project team and provide effective communication and change management.
- Provide support to the technical strategy at bid and pre-construction phase.
- Effectively resolve installation and commissioning challenges.
Who we are looking for:
- Recognised qualification in mechanical / building services engineering. i.e. BEng / MEng or significant demonstratable experience
- Ability to design mechanical services in line with appropriate standards, guidance and client's requirements.
- Ability to agree practical and realistic programme for delivery of design to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders and project demands.
- Experience of undertaking and leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for data centres and other mission critical projects, with projects value circa £150M.
- Experience of undertaking design at all stages of project lifecycle - pre-construction, design and construction stage.
- Experience in undertaking and managing specialist design and engineering services - Sustainability & compliance (BREEAM, environmental permitting - heat, fume and noise emissions, Part L), mathematical modelling (CFD, FEA, etc) and services supports design.
- Experience delivering and management of design in line with RIBA plan of work, BSRIA BG6 schedule of services and ISO 19650 requirement.
- Experience working with typical design and build contracts, JCT, NEC, MF1 and others.