Internships are usually 12 month placements which are structured learning experiences that offer practical work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry while undertaking one core complex project to generate value for Baker Hughes and act as a vehicle for you to demonstrate your capability and commitment. In addition to project execution you will have the opportunity to explore different aspects of the Baker Hughes business which may open up potential opportunities for your ongoing employment. Furthermore, you will build your network within the industry.
During the internship you will have the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) requirements, participate in technically focused on-job training, participate in team meetings, as well as working on projects and presenting the results to business leaders. You will also be expected to complete all assigned tasks in the agreed timelines and take the opportunity to demonstrate your capability of exceeding requirements.
The internship will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure that customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology in challenging work environments.
If you are successful in the selection process the specific details of your internship assignment will be explained to you prior to your start date.
Explore the range of placements available in the UK below:Business Support Services
There are a range of different internship assignments available in functions that support the business including Commercial Operations, HR, Sales & Commercial, Project Controls, Project Planning and Risk Analysis. Whatever the project you are assigned, you will get exposure to the engineering and manufacturing industry, which will give you a foundation to develop skills that can be used in your future career.
There are various internships available suitable for students enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor's or Master's degree in STEM, Arts or Business subjects.Essential Responsibilities for all internships:
- Work on an assignment/project within Oil & Gas Industry to stretch your learning and skillset
- Participate in training sessions and complete self-study assignments
- Receive active coaching and mentoring
- Use your academic knowledge to complete assigned project(s), deliver customer outcomes and improve the operation of our business
- Learn and utilize software associated with assigned tasks
- Network globally and cross-functionally with other interns; interact with global business leaders cross-functionally
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor-level degree program or Master-level degree program
- Maintain a GPA (grade) greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent (2:2 or above)
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mind-set, teamwork and collaboration, drive for results, and initiative in addition to involvement in student societies or volunteer work.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.