Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Deliver large-sized quality engineering stories and tasks on time
- Help define coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional and regression test cases
- Develop/enhance automated testing tools and integrate them into continuous-integration frameworks
- Determine best practices for testing, automation, security and scalability and promote them across the organization
- Recommend technology choices and communicate the impact of those choices to the team and organization
- Apply Agile principles and methodologies to all work
- Work with fellow team members to interpret test results, diagnose bugs/defects, document results and formulate solutions
- Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Extensive experience in test automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Experience working with cloud providers like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Ability to take ownership of large sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Drives change to course correct.
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives and escalates issues appropriately.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.