Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rockport, Texas, United States
Wood is searching for a C Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 7x7 with a work terminal out of Rockport, TX.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
• Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, some record keeping, shipping and receiving.
• Can operate, monitor, test and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices in accordance with platform standards.
• May monitor the performance of wells' production, calculate some daily gas or oil rates, and well testing with very little supervision.
• Calculation of gas meter chart volumes in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volumes in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
• Can operate, test, maintain, and repair with some record keeping on most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations.
• Ability to operate most safety equipment such as firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
• Maintenance of most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations (supervision required).
• Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
• Minimal amount of experience required in oil and gas production
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 1+ year of experience in oil and gas production
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.