Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the NAM commercial organization to deliver all work in compliance with all applicable HSE regulations and employee safety practices and ensure operational excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance. Partner with all stakeholders to design, establish and execute a short & long-term regional strategy/vision for the Nexus Controls business in the region.
- Lead a Regional team of Sales Managers, Inside Sales and Field Application resources to drive orders and convertibility growth for the Nexus Controls business
- Establish commercial strategy for the Nexus Controls product line regionally, partnering with the product line and functional leaders to deliver products and services to meet the needs of diverse customers
- Drive continual improvement within the Sales organization via productivity and effectiveness of the team, regular coaching around sales strategy, relationship development, customer focus and workforce planning to build a strong & diverse bench for the future. Provide periodic Sales team skills assessment and feedback via performance reviews
- Establish operating plan targets (OP) for the overall Region Sales organization and assess the viability of the customer, territory and/or industry segment and achieve overall orders, revenue and CM growth targets
- Build outstanding strategic customer relationships by responding to customer feedback promptly and ensuring the overall commercial experience exceeds customer expectations
- Support NPI Commercialization, establishing market demands, customer acceptance, pricing and commercial requirements
- Partner with Key Account Leaders to drive Nexus Controls acceptance and orders growth and higher penetration within region
- Partner daily with Region Commercial/Services and Product Companies teams to execute the growth targets for North America. Provide continual feedback and coaching outside of Sales to increase the effectiveness of the overall Regional organization.
- Regularly engage with Regional Sales Leadership counter-parts, Product Company Services Leadership & and the Global functional leaders to drive synergies, leverage best practices, diversify solutions in line with customer CTQs and raise the overall performance of Nexus globally.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of experience in a Commercial, Services or Product Line role
- Experience of at least 2+ years in a multi-layer people leadership role
- Minimum 5 year's Sales, Commercial or Services experience with control systems
- Previous customer facing leadership experience, including assessing and building strategic competencies for growth
- Proven experience with a variety of sales methodologies, tools, and frameworks from multiple industries / businesses
- Demonstrated product management expertise
- Strong track record in managing and delivering projects
- Proven leadership skills and ability to orchestrate resources and motivate teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Inclusive leadership skills to build a connection across regional colleagues through personal involvement and trust
- Ability to analyze and define business priorities clearly as they relate to customer needs and commercial opportunities and establish associated project plans effectively
- Understanding of customer requirements and drivers that influence sales team effectiveness
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.