Skills: Oiler, Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sweetwater, Texas, United States
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: None
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Completes the paperwork for each job to include pre- and post-trip inspections, work tickets, DOT Logs
- Drives required equipment safely to and from location
- Operates hot oiler equipment
Qualifications and Skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Able to pass respirator fit test
- Comply with applicable DOT rules and regulations
- Pass a Department Of Transportation (DOT) physical and maintain a current medical card
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements, such as air brake, where required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Able to stand long periods while cargo is being loaded and unloaded
- Able to sit long periods while driving
- Able to lift and position vehicle equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment