Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client based in Aberdeen is recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of design updating and testing of all electronic boards associated with all product lines as well as the provision of technical support and failure investigation of relating to electronic boards and components.
- Provide electronic design and engineering sustaining support for all product line. Perform electronic board design review and conduct analysis of system performance. Provide design/redesign support and testing where required.
- Evaluate theoretical and actual system performance as related to electronics, to define system performance limitations. Provide analytical engineering required for improving performance.
- Evaluation and design of next generation Multiple Frequency resistivity technology.
- Review, analyse, test and evaluate electronic system design to identify key performance parameters (outputs) for each PCB and CPU..
- Review and evaluate component selection for each product line PCB, CPU, TX and RX boards
- Further develop existing test processes for each PCB to enable consistent assessment prior to assembly.
- Further develop existing test processes for the production line assembly to ensure consistent tool build quality and performance.
- Evaluate data and system performance to provide repeatable tool assemblies
- Responsible for investigation, root cause determination and reporting of all board and component failures.
- Support manufacturing and maintenance activities with regards to product reliability and performance.
- Develop product support documentation such as test procedures, specifications and failure analysis protocols.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- BSc Hons in Electronic Engineering
- MSc / PhD in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Experience in a Design or Product Support Engineering role.
- Experience with Down Hole Directional Sensors
- RF Design 1.0mHZ - 10.0mHZ
- Low noise instrumentation
- High temp electronics.
- Experience in RF antenna development
- Switch mode and Buch Hickman power supply
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PCB layout
- PC software and embedded firmware
- Analogue to digital conversion
- dsPAC processors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of an integral team
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- Discretion: ability to maintain confidentiality