Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fallon, Nevada, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.FallonNevada
Location: Fallon, Nevada
Status: Full Time; Temporary
Duration: 5-6 months
Salary: Based on Experience
Schedule: Mon-Fri; dayshift
Construction Quality Control Manager Overview
This position is responsible for providing quality control in conformance to, and in compliance with the contract documents of a construction project for a Hangar Upgrade project for a private client. You will be required to use all aspects of quality control to verify the installation is per design, as specified and to the standards of the project. You will be required to witness all testing activities, record and submit testing results, maintain a deficiency log to keep track of items that are found out of compliance, notify the onsite representative of all upcoming activities, such as tests, inspections, preparatory meetings and the like. This position is required to maintain an onsite presents during work activities.
In this roll you will:
- Implement the quality control plans for the project.
- Review, approve and submit all required documentation in accordance with project specifications
- Continually monitor work-in-progress
- Issue corrective action for non-compliance where necessary
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) where necessary.
- Schedule and conduct inspections/tests as appropriate and as required
- Coordinate all quality personnel with the Contractor and owner
- Conduct a weekly QC meeting for the duration of the project
- Notify the contractor if there are deviations to the Contract documents (including Contract Design Documents)
- Document all QC meetings; RFIs; field coordination, issues and their resolution; deficiencies; corrective action; re-tests/inspections; deviations from the Contract Documents (including Design Drawings)
- Take a proactive approach to quality workmanship and work-in-progress
- Be responsible for implementation of Contract documentation including Daily Contractor Quality Control Reports, Contractor production, and other documentation (Corrective action, Stop-work Orders, NCRs, etc) as necessary for a quality project.
- Manage QA/QC Crew
- Ensure components meet project specifications
- Practice safety in accordance with applicable standards
The ideal candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience acting as a Quality Control Manager or Equal
- Active CQM (Construction Quality Management) Certification
- Experience with NAVFAC Contracts
- Well versed in all aspects of construction and Quality Control Manager responsibilities
- Familiarity with Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, & Fire Protection Systems
- Training and/or knowledge in fall protection, scaffolding and ladders, & work-zone safety
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physical Abilities applicable to construction projects in Nevada
Qualified professionals will also have:
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings & specifications
- Reliable means of transportation & valid driver's license
- Willingness to learn
- Works well with a team and individually
- Familiarity with construction industry codes
- Mathematical Knowledge - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Installation Oversight - Installing equipment, machines, to meet specifications.
- Equipment Selection Oversight - Determining tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Bureau Veritas is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.