Skills: Risk Management, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Senior Risk & Safety Consultant
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Take your career to the next level and showcase your technical excellence with this varied role within a rapidly growing, specialist Risk & Safety team.
This role is pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving, successful business unit within the Bureau Veritas Group. You could be working with some of the biggest names in a wide range of high risk sectors including oil and gas, energy and process industries.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Client responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
- Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards and guidelines and technical developments within the relevant field
- To respond to requests for client work and proposals
- Be exemplar in client management and relationship building
- Contribute to delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews
- Support as required in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of the Consulting Group
- Play an active role in the delivery of an annual Consulting Group Business Development Plan
- Actively participate in business development
- To be able to communicate the company strategy as related by the Consulting Group Manager
- Marketing the relevant services of the company
- To follow all financial procedures in the delivery of projects
- Ensure the use of the Consulting Group technical tools and methodologies in delivery of projects to the standard set
- Contribute to a rolling forecast to provide visibility of future workload
- Monitor individual utilisation versus targets and actively manage optimal utilisation
- Support junior members of staff in delivery of consultancy services and ensure their compliance with site safety practices where site work is undertaken
- To support team working
MAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
Candidate requirements include:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related subject or related extensive industry experience with an emphasis on process safety management.
- Auditor qualification, ideally Lead auditor is desirable
- Operational site experience is desirable
- Member of professional organisation (Chartered Status is desirable)
The role is multifunctional so a broad base of experience in technical/process safety management is required. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong skill in some of the following areas:
- HAZID / HAZOP/ SIL (Scribe / Facilitator)
- Process Safety Management (Auditing)
- COMAH Safety Report Development (Writing)
- Knowledge of Auditing / Management System design
- DSEAR (Delivery)
Personal attributes will include:
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Positive approach to the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality
- High level of personal drive and commitment
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
A GLOBAL LEADER WITH A PERSONAL APPROACH
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.