Skills: Business Analyst, Risk Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Principal Sustainability Consultant, London
W e are looking for a Principal Sustainability Consultant to join our London based team to provide support, mentorship and leadership to our sustainability and assurance consulting group.
The role will ensure the delivery of projects and provide a point of reference on technical delivery. In addition to taking an active role in business growth and development activities, and assisting in the delivery of the group's budget and development plans.
At Bureau Veritas, CSR is embedded in our purpose. The very nature of our services allows us to meet society's aspirations by reinforcing safety, improving quality and protecting the environment.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of, contributing to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews and ensure quality of delivery
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities to build relationships with our clients to give BV a clear insight into their business structure, operations and projects
- Support in the development, and play an active role in the delivery, of the annual Sustainability Business Plan on business development and sales
- Be Pro-active and entrepreneurial, with a keen interest in building the client base and identifying further opportunities for growth with existing customers
- Provide tender responses to client requests for work and input into large bids through the Bid Support Team, as required
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry trends and work with the internal stakeholders to ensure proposed client solutions are achievable, profitable, realistic, and meet client requirements
- Provide direction and performance management of staff
- Take ownership of individual utilisation target, and junior team members, as required
- Proactively seek out relationships and engage with people at all levels in the business
- Delivery of projects to the high quality standards required
Experience and Skills
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Significant sustainability consulting/advisory experience
- Experience in global sustainability and assurance standards and guidelines
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to encourage others to develop new skills and enhance existing ones
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Strive to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of commercial risk
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.