Skills: Environmental Engineer, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Sustainability Consultant
REACH NEW HEIGHTS WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready for your next challenge? We're looking for an ambitious and experienced Sustainability Consultant to join our industry leading Sustainability and Assurance consulting group.
This role will be instrumental in supporting a range of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability assurance projects. More specifically, to contribute to the delivery of research, assurance and verification assignments as well as to support the development and growth of the business staying alert to client requirements and business opportunities whilst developing awareness of cross-selling potential in other Divisions.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
GREAT WITH PEOPLE
This unique role offers the chance to join an influential team within a truly global leading organisation, working with some of the world's biggest brands.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake a variety of quantitative and qualitative verification tasks through knowledge of sustainability standards including GRI Guidelines, AA1000 series, ISAE3000 series amongst others
- Conduct verification and assurance activities as part of the delivery of client projects
- Make decisions about day to day tasks, suggest ideas to more senior team members regarding priorities, clients and team
- Provide first point of contact for smaller clients or projects. Be confident in client interaction; may run client meetings
- Manage personal resources and time, including personal utilisation
- Support and undertake site visits to client sites and offices
- Ensure the quality of delivered assignments through following company protocols and set standards
- Keep up to date with current developments within sustainability
- Ensure a safe, environmentally conscious and high quality culture
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in a relevant subject: Environment, Sustainability, carbon or mathematical (MSc preferred) or equivalent experience
- IEMA or similar membership (preferred)
- Experience with one (or more) of the following sustainability standards/guidelines: GRI Guidelines, AA1000 series, UN Global Compact, CDP Climate Change
- Knowledge and interest in a range of sustainability issues, including materiality assessments and supply chain issues (preferable)
- Strong analytical and processing skills
- Excellent research skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Flexible approach and a team player
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
A TRUE GLOBAL LEADER
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.