Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: ? Professional Experience (years): min 5 years of in Painting Inspector in the Oil and Gas Industry ? Experience in similar position (years): mini 3 in similar role ? Level / Diploma: Education to HNC level or above in an Engineering discipline or equivalent. ? Vocational qualifications: CSWIP 3.1 level II & NACE II ? Languages: English mandatory RESIDENT STATUS
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lobito, Angola
To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
To work by anticipation.
With the spirit of One TOTAL values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
To keep divisional Manager and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
Context and environment
Challenging market conditions making deep offshore projects as Zinia Ph 2 difficult to be economic.
Declining B17. PBF projects as Zinia Ph 2 are developed to compensate this declining trend.
High local content planned for Zinia ph2 especially on SURF package, while the in-country load of activities has drastically decreased. Local yards / fabrication facilities capabilities and capacities have therefore decreased into a very low level. Ensuring these will be ready (safety wise, quality wise, resources and capability wise) for achieving Zinia ph2 in-country scope as per agreed requirements is one of the main project challenges.
Zinia ph2 execution involves a high level of synergies with TEPA Logistics and Operations entities. Maintaining a clear and eficiente communication & scheduling/re-scheduling of the activities is key to project success.
SURF Zinia 2 Project is part of PBF/SURF entity.
All above, the Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements
The Service holder is responsible, within the PBF SURF team and under the Company Site Representative's supervision, and will support Welding & Painting activities for following-up, monitoring and supervising the inspection of all welding & painting/coating activities associated with FLETs, ILTs, Manifolds, and Well Jumpers carried out by the Contractor/Subcontractors during the manufacturing phase, ensuring that QC contractual and technical requirements are met.
The Service holder will participates in routine and random inspections/audits/tests, etc., performs QC visits and tours and ensures na adequate reporting (areas of concerns, problems encountered in the implementation of the QC Inspection Plan by the Contractors) to the SPS package. The Service holder will also be responsible for witnessing welding & painting/coating activities and keep records.
As a general manner, the Service holder provides assistance to the Package team with Quality related matters and all matters related to Welding / Painting activities
The Service holder will maintain Welding & Painting/coating records.
The Service holder reports to the Sonamet CSR.
Due to effort in share of resources, the Service holder will be required to follow several activities on several projects.
Professional Experience (years): min 5 years of in Painting Inspector in the Oil and Gas Industry
Experience in similar position (years): mini 3 in similar role
Level / Diploma: Education to HNC level or above in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Vocational qualifications: CSWIP 3.1 level II & NACE II
Languages: English mandatory
Technical competencies required
1. To have knowledge of Company Referential (CRs, GSs, and GMs), international norms and standards, Project specifications related to his area of responsibility, for application to the Project.
2. To adopt and to demonstrate na exemplary behaviour with regard to Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy and H3SE rules and regulations
3. To ensure that Contractor is enforcing his contractual commitments, is implementing properly his overall Quality responsibilities, Contract QC Inspection plan and objectives and i safely, properly and timely performing his activities as per Company specifications, design and codes. As such, for Welding and Painting/Coating activities he shall:
- Participate on Welding inspection;
- Participate on Painting & Coating inspection;
- Review & Monitor welding & Painting/coating reports;
- Ensure that the works are closely inspected by the Contractor's QC inspection team.
Challenge Contractor and suppliers on overall quality control performance and inspection activities, and to perform routine and random inspections in this regard; ensure Contractor & vendor personnel have the correct certifications and skill necessary.
4. To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation issued under his area of responsibility.
5. In General:
- To assist in the Painting/Coating supervision activities as and when required with regards to his discipline;
- To assist the Welding supervisor as and when required with regards to his discipline.
6. To ensure the tracking of anomalies and non-conformities performed by the SPS Contractor and ensure a correct follow-up of corrective actions.
7. To implement and maintain the required weekly CPY Quality reporting system
8. To report to the SURF Quality Engineer / CSR, in particular when deviations to works' procedures or quality problems are encountered and detected.
9. To prepare and issue release note and/or appropriate certificate with appropriate punch list if needed at material reception
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: