Lobito, Benguela Province, Angola
Lobito, Benguela Province, Angola
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: Professional Experience (years): more than 10 years. Experience in similar position (years): more than 10 years Diploma: Engineer or equivalent Welding, NDE, Painting experience is a plus Languages: English mandatory, portuguese is a plus
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lobito, Benguela Province, Angola
1. To promote safety culture within the project and within the performed activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that the Service provider is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation.
5. With the spirit of One TOTAL values, to establish and manage activities motivating the counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. To keep divisional Manager and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
8. To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality (whatever its support);
9. To participate in the establishment and implementation of the Project Quality Management System documents and to support and enforce the Project Quality Management System.
10. To promote the Project Quality Policy and Objectives.
11. To conduct induction trainings for employees so that they understand project quality standards and requirements.
12. To ensure follow up of contractor's NCR/TQ/DER resolution in contractual time frame and effective corrective action implementation.
13. To support the Project's work package teams to ensure Contractor/supplier's Quality Surveillance implementation.
14. To participate/perform any audit (technical, QA, QC ..), site visits and / or quality walkthrough as required.
15. To timely review the Quality related documents issued by Contractors and main Suppliers (Subcontractors and Vendors), for compliance with CPY and Project requirements. To raise consequently all necessary comments.
16. To witness Site activities as required in order to ensure that Contractor is enforcing his contractual commitments, is implementing properly his overall QC inspection plans and objectives and is safely, properly and timely performing his activities as per Company specifications, design and codes.
17. To follow-up the reported Project non conformities, derogations, correctives actions and punch lists related to Quality activities. To possibly involve in the root cause analysis. To chase-up when necessary the closure process of actions.
18. To highlight and report the work key deficiencies to management.
19. To issue any technical feedback/lessons learned related to his/her activity to the REX coordinator as required.
Context and environment
Challenging market conditions making deep offshore project's brownfield difficult to be economic.
Declining B17. PBF projects brownfields are developed to compensate this declining trend.
High local content planned for Zinia ph2 especially on SURF and FPSO packages, while the in-country load of activities has drastically decreased. Local yards / fabrication facilities capabilities and capacities have therefore decreased into a very low level. Ensuring these will be ready (safety wise, quality wise, resources and capability wise) for achieving Zinia ph2 in-country scope as per agreed requirements is one of the main project challenges.
Project's Brownfield execution involves a high level of synergies with TEPA Logistics and Operations entities. Maintaining a clear and efficient communication & scheduling/re-scheduling of the activities is key to project success.
Above all, the Service holder is accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behavior with regard to HSE rules and requirements.
The Service holder is responsible, within the PBF team and under PBF QAQC Lead supervision, for supervising, controlling and monitoringall quality activities related to Project's brownfield in Angola.
The service includes a QA/QC aspect by ensuring QA/QC procedures and traceability related to welding, NDT, painting, etc. are properly applied on site and by performing random inspections/audits.
As a general manner, the Service holder provides assistance to the PBF QAQC Lead with matters related to QA/QC aspects on site.
Ability to communicate, to adapt and to manage several multi-disciplinary activities in transverse.
The Service holder will also provide reporting to PBF QAQC Lead, highlighting progress, area of concerns, problems encountered in the implementation of procedures by the Contractors
Professional Experience (years): more than 10 years.
Experience in similar position (years): more than 10 years
Diploma: Engineer or equivalent
Welding, NDE, Painting experience is a plus
Languages: English mandatory, portuguese is a plus
Good organization and communication would be appreciated
Technical competencies required
Good analytical skills
Knowledge of Company rules/procedures
Working in multicultural, international Project environment
Fluent with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point ...)
Welding, NDT, painting
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: