The GME Order Manager (OM) role exists to provide the customer's key point of contact when placing orders for International, Domestic Marine and Energy products and services. Helping to manage the customer relationship on behalf of International, Domestic Marine and Energy, and managing the entire order to invoice process are the key activities.
The OM is expected to ensure a customer order is compliant with the brand offer before placing the order and subsequently keeping the customer appraised of delivery progress (i.e. changes to vessel ETA and nominated port, product shortages, out of hours incidents, spot price enquiries etc). The incumbent is therefore required to understand complexities of the shipping, Marine and Energy market, have a deep understanding Customer Service processes as well as the Global Supply Network of the Marine and Energy Business.Functional
Service Management & Continuous Improvement
- Manage complex relationship between supplier, customer & sales manager, be the primary contact point for customers, communicate with Customer purchase staff, Chief Engineers/ Ship Captain, Sales Managers and Supply/Logistics staff anywhere in the world with excellent communication skills & cultural awareness.
- Execute daily customer service operational tasks; - receiving enquiries & orders from customers by phone, email & fax, ensuring all necessary information is collected, acknowledged & that the order meets business/customer expectations.
- Guide customer on most appropriate vessel ports from which to get their supplies, challenging out of offer orders e.g. late notice, building small orders etc. generally optimising liftings to suit both the company & the customer.
- Resolves matters due to unforeseen circumstances, e.g. change in ship's ETA, product contamination, change in delivery transport or unavailability of product. If necessary, advise customer on alternate port options, seek technical advice if appropriate before recommending alternate product.
- Ensure order value is within customer authorised credit limits / policies, violations are progressed with Sales /Credit Management to a satisfactory conclusion & keep customer advised.
- Advise prices derived from the contract, an optimum delivery point, issue delivery instructions to appropriate supply hub, order confirmation & other order related queries as requested by the customer.
- Record all customer complaints & non-conformances on Continuous Improvement Notice (CIS).
- Efficient & up to date administration of lost orders /enquiries. Efficient monitoring of Delivered Not invoiced statistics.
- Make decisions independently on priorities & timeframe within which tasks can be achieved.
- Work based on working days & time zones of countries supported including Sundays, public holidays & emergency support on standby basis.
Education & Experience
- Build up knowledge & competencies in the shipping industry. Train customer to use DMS/PSD, gather market intelligence, seek additional volume and/or opportunities to introduce new products.
- Operate Total Lubes Management (TLM) service if required i.e. ability, knowledge & confidence to recommend vessel order point, quantities & credibility to justify decisions to customer.
- Ensure efficient use of systems for production of correct invoices including order amendments, proactive focus on clearing suspense & timely dispatch of invoices.
- Provide feedback on technical & commercial issues raised by customers to account manager & other customer service staff. Handle technical enquiries/complaints received & resolve within competency by ensuring escalation of significant problems/complaints to Regional Technical Team.
- Track & monitor IFOT (In Full on Time) service performance KPI & proactively seek improvement opportunities.
- Review customer historic liftings to identify sub optimal/uneconomic lifting patterns & endeavour to reduce instances of rushed orders.
- Bachelor's degree /equivalent experience
- Min 36 months in customer service, telephone environment and/or GBS environment.
- Excellent understanding of customers' needs/behaviours & specific requirements.
- Strong understanding of end to end order to cash process, time management, organisation & solving skills.
- Highly motivated, self-reliant & proactive mindset.
- Experience using SAP, Siebel/Salesforce, MS Office application.
- Senior stakeholder management skills.
- Written & spoken proficiency in English & Japanese (Mandatory)