Skills: Commercial Management, Project Management
Other Skills: Contract Management, Construction Project Management, Leadership Experience
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Australia
Job Description Summary:
Our Oilfield Equipment - Subsea Production Systems division works closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Based at the project office in Perth, Western Australia you will be client facing and a leading member of the project management team accountable to deliver beneficial outcomes for the client and BH. Reporting to the Regional Commercial Leader APACI, and operationally supporting the Project Director, the Commercial Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction within the multi discipline project.
- Strong and proven track record in managing Contracts and operational Commercial matters.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in a client facing role.
- Ability to lead the Commercial interface with project partners as well as internal business units (Finance, Planning, Sourcing, Legal and Product Line Centre's of Excellence)
- Experienced with project commercial activities; leading management of change control systems and associated activities in line with contractual requirements.
- Provide advice, assistance and guidance to senior management, project managers and functional leaders to effect positive commercial outcomes.
- Ensure commercial risks are identified and managed across the project scopes.
- Deputise for the Project Director as required.
Key Job Specific Skills
- Experience in a similar position, having worked on major infrastructure projects is an advantage.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the key legal risk areas for project environment goods and services agreements.
- Experience in working closely with stakeholders to drive resolution on complex issues.
- Technical Product Knowledge: understanding of subsea production systems and SURF is an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills.
- PC Literate: Excel, Word, Outlook
- University degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Commerce, Cost Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law.
- Substantial Contract management experience in a construction project environment.
- Strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.