Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Columbus, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Manages hourly QC Inspectors to ensure consistent quality of production standards. Oversees adherence to codes (ASME Sect. VIII and IX), NDE and welding and inspection processes.
Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Maintains staff by assisting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Develops personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
- Defines objectives, identifies, and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action, and evaluates outcomes.
- Provides administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel - includes personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc.
- Ensures compliance to the Quality Management System Procedures, codes, standards customer specifications and work instructions.
- Performs activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to management of quality problems, as required by quality control program manual.
- Ensures adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance.
- Prepares, obtains approval, issues, and implements ASME quality control program manual in compliance with client contracts and company requirements.
- Acts as liaison with clients, regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and internal departments on quality related matters as required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of experience as a Quality Manager in a fabrication facility.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in fabrication of structural steel and piping.
- Must possess Extensive knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems, ASME Section VII and IX codes, NDT techniques, welding, fabrication, and inspection processes.
- Must be knowledgeable of various fabrication/construction codes and standards, as well as material types and usage dealing with ASME Code Pressure Vessel Fabrication.
- Current certifications as an AWS Certified Welding Inspector or in ANST-NDT preferred or comparable experience.
- Microsoft Office (Excel/Word) experience.
- Must be able to comprehend technical information both verbal and written.
- Must be handle multiple priorities and work in deadline driven environment.
- Must have professional written and verbal communication skills. with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
- Bi-Lingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
The physical demands for this position require sitting/standing for long periods of time. Frequent need for the following:
- Standing, Walking, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, climbing; use of hands to grasp materials; reach with hands and arms; regularly speak, hear, and use vision abilities; lift or carry up to 50 (fifty) pounds or more.
- Will work in an office environment and shop/yard environment, exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders, as well as industrial machinery, mobile equipment traffic and varying weather conditions.