Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Electrical Technician
Other Skills: Alaska Electrical Journeyman
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join their team in Prudhoe Bay, AK. This is an immediate opening. Competitive pay and benefits package, and a matching 401K.
Maintenance Technician-Electrician completes daily maintenance tasks within his/her assigned maintenance classification. This includes repairs, preventive and predictive maintenance functions. Completes reports and documents within the CMMS including detailed descriptions of repairs including as found/as left descriptions, parts used and further work required. May be required to assist in estimating and scheduling work. Demonstrates all of the abilities to consistently perform journeyman quality work.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares, maintains, and submits daily reports and records as required by the CMMS
- Operation and maintenance of all electrical systems at the Client facility and very good working knowledge of PLC's.
- Install and/or replace electrical equipment and systems up to and including 13.8KV.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical equipment including tank levels, pressure instrumentation, safety switches, LACT units, automation timers, telephone lines and systems, electric motors and pumps, wiring conduits, motor starters, generators, control panels, voltage regulators, rectifiers, transformers, gas detectors, and fire alarm systems.
- Consult with vendors on the design and installation of new electrical instrumentation.
- Specify for purchase new electronic equipment.
- Interpret schematics/diagrams for electrical systems.
- Plans work to include required safe work permits, tools, parts and coordination with Operations personnel.
- Performs equipment repairs, preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance within skill set and appropriate licensing.
- Review design drawings for completeness and functionality
- Prepare BOM's and requisitions as needed
- Communicate timely and effectively with all levels on facility issues, work status, emergencies, etc.
- Mentor new employees within assigned craft skill and as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Must be willing to demonstrate leadership (in word and deed) within an INCIDENT FREE WORK CULTURE
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licences, Registrations
- GED High School Diploma or 10 years of related oil field experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- NSTC trained.
- Individual must possess organizational, technical and communication skills.
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft applications and the ability to perform web based research.
- Be familiar with regulatory requirements: PSM, EPA, USCG, DOT, NFPA-70E
- Alaska Electrical Journeyman license as required by the State of Alaska
Preferred Education Experience, Certifications, Licences, Registrations:
- Familiar with craft applicable NEC and OSHA regulations
- Familiar with First Aid, CPR
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stand stationery and stand/move about.
- The employee must be able to talk and hear, both in person and by telephone.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to handle large items.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must frequently walk or climb stairs while carrying equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, fine discriminate detail, and depth perception.
- The employee must be able to function in cold weather in a remote location.
- The employee must be able to function at times without scheduled breaks times.
- The employee must be able to work a 2 week on 2 week off schedule in an arctic remote location.
Health Safety and Environment
All personal shall act responsibly and comply with all regulations and company HS&E policies. This included reporting all spills, near misses, injuries and property damage. Personnel shall attend and participate in safety meetings and emergency drills. Personnel shall also ensure to keep current with required training matrix.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.