Skills: Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Suzhou, China
- This role is a member of the global application engineering Center of Excellence for the Flow & Process Technologies Consolidated valve products. The Application Engineer will provide support for our regional commercial teams and customers with pressure relief valve and safety valve sizing/selection and proposal generation. The Application Engineer will work as a partner with our regional to provide optimal solutions for our customers.
- Interpret the customer requirements & specifications with quality and timeliness to meet customer needs & Technical conformance
- Maintain proficiency with pressure relief and safety valve sizing tools, calculations and processes.
- Develop knowledge of applicable codes and standards for pressure relief and safety valve products and applications
- Produce technical Valve specifications based on the Customer Requirements
- Work with engineering to help secure best 'Technical Design' and 'Technical Sign-off'
- Work with the Sourcing teams to assist with cost out exercises to help secure competitive pricing
- Support the sales managers in their customer meetings & negotiations
- Participate with regional teams in the handover to manufacturing providing technical support to the order booking process as required
- Develop strong working relationship with regionally located commercial teams and customers
- Exemplify unyielding compliance and ethical behavior
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Controls) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma)
- Industry/valve experience preferred.
- Experience in capturing and interpreting customer requirements
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic approach; good team player and effective communicator
- Thorough proactive approach to work, with a 'sense of urgency' to deliver quality 'on-time'
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business partners
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Energetic and self-motivated individual with ability to work effectively and cooperatively
- Self-starter with ability to lead multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Be comfortable with change and actively driving improvement
- Working proficiency in English language
- Availability to travel for business as required
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.