Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs data analysis and extracts insights out of data using mathematics, statistics, information science, and computer science (including machine learning, statistical learning, and data mining, among others).
- Applies existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes. Viewed internally and externally as a specialist in the discipline.
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams
- Communicates solutions across the own function and with cross-functional partner organizations.
- Master's Degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Chemistry from an accredited college or university. Priority will be given to those with physics or applied mathematics training.
- Excellent problem solving skills, demonstrated critical thinking and thirst to learn new areas.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms.
- Minimum 5+ years of advanced analytics development for industrial applications.
- Must have at least 3 years of team leading/mentorship experience.
- Ability to map experience across different domains.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., Python, R, Tensorflow, Pytourch, Caffe, Theano, CNTK, etc.)
- Demonstrated skill in data cleansing, data visualization, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment.
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets.
- Experience in machine learning models deployment and life cycle.
- Good understanding of distributed computing and efficient algorithm design.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with emphasis on business communication.
- Ability to operate with a startup mindset.
- Foster a mentor attitude and be machine learning evangelist within the entire organization.
- Be proactive and take a lead in pushing ideas and PoC forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.