Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
bp are looking for a Data Security Service Owner to join us in our Sunbury offices on a permanent basis, working within our Digital Security Platforms team.
You will ensure that our Data Platforms operate to the highest standards required to maintain and improve internal and external customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing, engineering and architecting system services, custom services, COTS products, operating systems, networks, infrastructure applications and you are skilled at investigating security issues and new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work alongside elite talent in solving sophisticated and far-reaching problems. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a background in Data Security Governance, Management and Engineering.
Within our IT&S team, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are accurately implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data
- Work to align sophisticated technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs
- Collaborate with data product development teams crafting new uses of data that employ privacy features
- Interacting with internal privacy program managers, product development, legal, compliance, governance and data protection teams
- Analyze, design and program software improvements for new data streams with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance and the integrity of the privacy solution
- Using current programming language and technologies, build a solid design, write code, complete programming and perform testing and debugging of applications as well as complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Collaborate closely with users to define system requirements and/or vital modifications to new or existing software
- Work with other developers and architects in implementing solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets
- Work with usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to handling data privacy
- Perform regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training and mentorship
- Communicate program progress, concerns and issue analysis to key partners
- Act as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Formal education and degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study and/or relatable work experience
- CIPT certification
- Strong software development skills
- Superb communication and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate designs, proposals, and results as well as negotiate options at management levels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.